Sunday, May 1, 2011

Playing in the rain

We woke up this morning to a rainy day. Austin told us that he wanted an umbrella and his rain boots so he could play in the rain. After a quick hesitation I decided that he and I would go out and play in the rain.
We had problems finding puddles to jump in though, but we tried.

I was discovered one of the true meaning of being a mommy of boys and picked up this long worm when Austin wouldn't but he still wanted to put him in the bug house. Oh, the things we do for our kids. I tell you I am pretty sure this worm was on the verge of being a snake-look how long it was.

As I said before we had problems finding puddles for my little guy to jump in so we had to be creative. We discovered that the drain under the down spout of the gutters had some what of a puddle. So Austin jumped up and down on here and seemed to be happy.

We then moved on to driving his tricycle around in the rain-but he had to have the umbrella.


Over all we were outside for about 30 mins. and we both had fun. I found myself walking around in the rain in shorts a tee shirt and flip flops without an umbrella helping my little man find worms and puddles.

No comments: