Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello 2011-New Years Resolutions

With another New Year upon us I have been thinking about my New Years resolutions for 2011. I am hoping to wake up in the morning and start fresh in many aspects of my life. I am hoping to learn and grow from life's experiences from 2010 and strive to be a better woman, mother and wife this year. Of course many of my resolutions are the same as everyone else.... I am hoping that by putting them on here I will be able to hold my self accountable throughout the year and check on my progress.

Myself
-lose weight and start working out again: I hope to start a workout routine that I can stick with and see results with. I plan on starting back on my weight watchers which has really worked for me in the past. Hopefully, between the diet and exercise I will not only look better but also feel better about myself.

-take time for myself-to workout, read a book, blog, catch up with friends or take a bubble bath.I know this will not only make me feel better mentally but will also make me a better mom and wife

-Blog-I hope to try and post at least once a week in the new year. Since I am not scrap booking any more I am hoping to have my blog printed once a year to document our happenings as a family. I hope to keep up to date as much as possible with the blog and not let it get so far behind like it is now.

Mommy
-try not to sweat the little things and remember that my boys will not be little forever and try to embrace the time they are little rather than waste it worrying about things that in the end don't really matter.

-take time each day with each of the boys for some one on one time with just mommy or just daddy.

-be involved more in our moms groups to encourage the boys to make new friends and have social interaction with other kids

-work more on teaching Austin and mini-homeschooling him. He is so interested in learning right now, I need to take advantage of it while he wants to learn

-try to set a date once a month for Brad and I to have a one on one date with each of the boys. I think they both would benefit so much from having time alone with mommy and daddy

-try to keep up with the boys baby books or go back and add stuff to them

Wife
-enforce date night with my hubby. At least once a month go out as a couple rather than a mommy and daddy. Try when possible to have a date night each week even if it is just watching a movie together at home after the boys go to bed

-work to make our relationship even stronger than it already is. Take time to talk to each other daily and know/ try to understand what is going on with each other

-try not to get so caught up in life as a mommy and daddy and forget that we are also a couple and need to take time for us

Home Life
-try to really get organized this year and keep our home and life that way. Make our home run as efficient as possible so that our lives can run smoother.

-meal plan-try to set up a weekly meal plan so that we eat healthier and as a family and don't eat out so much

-budget-look for ways to save money, coupon more, not eat out as much.

-try to get our family involved in church and actually look forward to going

-love our dogs more. I want us as a family to really take time with our dogs and show them the love and attention they deserve rather than just letting them lay on the sofa all day with little interaction other than when we are letting them in or outside

OK that's all I have for now. I know that's all right. Lol. I know that all of these things will not happen over night but I hope to set goals a little at a time and really make an effort to achieve all of these things over the next year. Stay tuned for updates on my progress.

No comments: