Thursday, June 11, 2009

10 Days to Spring Cleaning

So I have been putting it off for long enough...Spring Cleaning time. Its something that we all hate to do but know it needs to be done. I have been trying to prepair myself for this for the last few months but have not found the real motivation to dig in and get to it. So this morning I came across a spring cleaning party over on simplemom. She breaks it down into a 10 day process with each day focusing on a different area. That doesn't seem so hard. I am going to start the process today and just take it one day at a time. We moved into our home almost a year & a half ago so its not too crazy yet. I am thinking that if I do this spring cleaning thing 2 times a year from now on~it should never get awful. I am hoping everyone will keep me in check and make sure I am sticking to this. Its only 10 days right?....... I have already cleared out a lot of unused items around our house recently for a garage sale so hopefully it wont be too bad. Its just time for the deep clean-washing windows, curtains, blinds, under the furniture. Sounds like fun right? Let me know if you decide to join me in this cleaning party and we can try to motivate each other. Here are the basic steps for each day

Here’s the Spring Cleaning Party schedule:
Thur. June 11 – a clean sweep
Fri June 12 – the living room, part one
Sat June 13 – the living room, part two
Sun June 14 – the kitchen, part one
Mon June 15 – the kitchen, part two
Tue June 16 – the bathrooms
Wen June 17 – the kids’ rooms, part one
Thur June 18– the kids’ rooms, part two
Friday June 19 – the master bedroom
Sat June 20 – the front entry

That should take care of everything. I am off to do my clean sweep today.

No comments: