Monday, September 21, 2009

Bedrest.... Is no fun

Well this past week my back started hurting-thanks to my sciatic nerve (have to love this part of pregnancy). Well for 2 or 3 days I was able to manage the pain and just deal with it-that is until Sat. Brad went to run some errands and I went to get off the sofa upstairs to put Austin down for a nap and that's when I realized something was wrong. I managed to get Austin in his room and get him down for a nap, then I had to crawl like a baby downstairs. All I wanted to do was lay down in my bed and relax. Well when I got into our room and tried to lift my leg to get in the bed it wasn't happening. I couldn't move or walk-when Brad got home he found me laying in our bedroom floor crying. It took us about 10 mins for Brad to help me into bed, then we called the Dr on call at my OBGYN office. They called us back right away and went over everything with us and said that the only thing I could do was stay in the bed for the next 3-4 days. That's right bed rest & I am only 17 weeks pregnant. How is this suppose to work when I have a 2 year old? Well I have spent the last 3 days in the bed resting and I am so over it. This morning I tried to get up and take care of a few things around the house and needless to say I am back in the bed with my back hurting. Brad has to go back to work tomorrow so I am praying that my back will be better enough for me to take care of the house and Austin.

2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Sciatic Nerves are no fun!

I really think you should look into having a massage. It helped me tremendously when I had sn pain.

Remember...don't be stubborn. My mom had to remind me of that daily. You have to take care of YOU so you can take care of the boys :)!

Lauren said...

Oh, my word...this is amazing! :)

I'm sorry you're having so much pain...I only had it very lightly with Dawson - nothing like what you're having.

If I can help you, please let me know...I'll be glad to watch Austin if you need me to - I know he and Dawson have such a good time together!